5.14.2011

nerves


{Dear Blogger: Kindly restore my comments from my previous post. Kisses, Me.}

I was going to do a Mother's Day post today, but that's going to have to wait because I have to tell you about my dream.

Wait! Don't go! 

I know, dreams suck for everyone except the dreamer. But I will try my best to keep the suckage to a minimum.

So, on my list of things I wanted to tell you was the invitation I designed. See, last year I got my Master's and we tossed around the idea of having a party. We'd lived in the area for a couple of years, made a few friends, and thought that having them over for a BBQ would be fun. I'm not sure why we decided against it at the time, but we had no party at our house. 

But! Now we've lived here THREE years, and know even MORE people, and so somehow it seemed like a better idea to have a party. I think senility must be setting in. We sat down and drafted a list of people, gulped loudly, and decided to forge ahead, space limitations be damned. I designed an invite and sent it off yesterday.

{i have no idea what happened to the background. it's supposed to be red. i'm going to blame Blogger for this as well.}

Here's the good part!

Last night, I had a dream that it was the evening of our party. I had no cups. I had neglected to buy food so was scrounging around in the freezer looking for something to serve. One of our guests had moved my stove (he said it made for better traffic flow) but had not hooked up the gas line so I couldn't cook. To drink we had one very old bottle of cheap white wine, one small bottle of seltzer water, and one Greek wine cooler. I have no idea if those even exist.

I woke up half laughing, half freaking out. The party is in July. I think I'll go shopping this weekend. Just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment