11.11.2010

today

It's Veteran's Day, and so I felt it would be appropriate to post a pic of my favorite Veteran, my father. My dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, and as a kid, I loved listening to his stories about his trips to Japan. My mom wore his Navy-issued peacoat while she was pregnant with me, and when I was little I would put it on, letting the sleeves hang past my fingers. I loved that he lived on a ship and slept in a bunk and was given a sword as part of his uniform.

Speaking of uniform...



I'm not sure exactly what year this is... 1971? But I can say he looks exactly the same.

I love you, Papa. Thanks for riding on a big boat and telling me all about it.

1 comment:

  1. [...] I totally made my dad all verklempt with yesterday’s post. Between that and the crying my mom did over Emma’s video, I am two-for-two in the Plucking [...]

    ReplyDelete